The 18th session of the Arab Radio and TV Festival
The Arab States Broadcasting Union (ASBU) organizes the 18th edition of the Arab Radio and Television Festival from April 25 to 28, 2017 in the Tunisian seaside resort of Hammamet, in collaboperation with the Tunisian Radio and Tunisian Television Establishments and in partnership with the Arab Satellite Communications Organization (Arabsat)
This annual festival aims to achieve several objectives, including contributing to the development of Arab radio and TV production and enhancing its quality so as to meet the aspirations of member corporations and reflect the principles that underpin their work. The Festival aims also to identify and encourage innovative and meaningful trends in radio and television production in order to develop Arab creative energies in this field.
The Festival will welcome the participation of representatives of ASBU member corporations, who are specialists in the field of staging, production and preparation of programs, as well as representatives of private Arab production companies, news agencies, and foreign Arab- speaking radio and TV stations. Representatives of private radio and television networks, international radio and television unions, a group of guests of honor and honored Arab artists and journalists will also attend the Festival.
Mainly, the festival consists of the following events:
- The main competition is dedicated to TV programs and news produced by ASBU active member and participant corporations.
- The parallel competition is dedicated to programs and news produced by private Arab television networks (non ASBU members), Arab production companies and news agencies, as well as foreign Arabic-speaking satellite channels.
- The Radio program competition, both main and parallel. The competition is dedicated to radio programs and news produced by ASBU member corporations, as regards the official competition. The parallel competition will witness the participation of private Arab radio stations and companies and international Arabic-speaking production companies. The radio program competition includes in turn five categories of radio programs and news.
- Two workshops, one technical and one related to programs.
- The TV and radio market: As part of the festival, a TV and radio market will be organized with the participation of member corporations, private TV and radio networks, Arab production companies and news agencies and foreign Arabic-speaking stations.
- An exhibition of state-of-art TV and radio equipment is organized within the Festival in to introduce new technological developments and innovations.